When dealing with a cloud - based learning system, it's important to keep your learners organized: that way, each individual can get exactly into the courses, programs, and certifications he needs in order to succeed. All this starts in one simple step - creating users. When we create users the right way at the beginning of our journey, we'll have an easier time managing them later on; and that is the idea, isn't it?
So what's a user?
A user in your LearningZone system is created by the system Admin, who is responsible for the system as well as creating managing users. A user can be associated with a course, an activity within a course, a program, a learning journey and more. Different users can see different activities and learning materials both in the user's home page, their login page, and in the different course catalogs offered to him.
How can we create new users?
Step 1: Go into Site Administration --> Users --> Accounts --> Add a New User.
The Next screen will show you some of the settings we can set for a user in the system; since these can dramatically affect a user's profile, let's elaborate on the important ones shortly:
General Settings ( remember some of the fields may not appear in your LearningZone based on your system specifications):
- Username - a mandatory field; this is the name the user types to get into his LearningZone
- Choose an Authentication Method - this field allows you to choose how the user enters the system; remember that this field mainly depends on previous system specifications
- Suspended Account - a user with a suspended account will not be able to enter LearningZone in any way; when this box is checked, the user will not receive messages from the system either.
- Force Password Change - when this box is checked, the user will be asked to change his password the next time he tries to enter the system.
- Email Display - This allows you to hide the user's email from the other users.
- Incoming mail settings - this allows you to what messages and notifications the user will get. Here, you have three options:
- No Digest (single email per forum post) - the user will recieve an email for each message uploaded in the forums he participates in
- Digest/complete posts - the user will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post
- Digest/subjects only - the user will receive one digest e-mail per day containing just the subject of each forum post.
- Description - This box allows you to add a short description about your user
- Picture - The system lets you upload a profile picture for your user; this profivle picture will follow the user around LearningZone, and will be seen by other users
- Additional Information - this feild allows you to add additional information on how to reach the user such as: webpage,phone number, division, unit, etc.
Step 2: Don't forget to save your changes!