Were always thinking about how to do things more easily and efficiently - especially when it comes to employee training .
One the great tools LearningZone offers are audiences; the ability to group your people together, and assign courses, certifications, and more collectively. So what are we waiting for? Let's make those audiences:
What's an Audience?
An audience is a group of users created inside of Learning Zone, where members can be added manually or automatically - by setting a certain set of rules based on the users' profile, such as precious courses, position and more. After we've made an audience. we can link courses, programs, and more to that audience collectively.
There are two types of audiences in LearningZone:
- Set Audience - in this audience, you'll be able to individually search and add user's to the group.
- Dynamic Audience - in this audeince, you'll be able to pick a set of rules by which users will be added or dropped from the group automatically
In this article, we'll focus mainly on Dynamic Audiences. For more info about Dynamic Audiences , check out our Knowledge base:
Step 1: Enter the Site Administration --> Users --> Accounts --> Audiences
Step 2: Click the 'Add New Audience' tab at the top of the page
Step 3: Select the following settings:
- Name - this is a mandatory field
- Type - select "Dynamic"
Step 4: Select the 'Rule Sets' tab at the top of the screen. Here, you'll be able to select:
- You may add a 'set' of rules at at once. A 'rule set' may include one or more rules. You can also decide whether a user must comply with all rule sets, or just some of the rule sets in order to be added to the audience.
- Under 'Automatically Update Membership', you can select whether a user will be automatically added or removed when they meet/no longer meet the rule sets you will put forth.
- Under 'Membership Setting Between Every Rule Set', you may select:
"And" - A user will be added to the group only if he answers every one of the rule sets or removed if he does not answer all of the rule sets.
"Or" - a user will be added if he answers even one of the rule sets decided upon. The user will be removed from the audience if he does not answer even one of the rule sets.
Step 5: Create your rules sets by 'Add a Rule'. A box will open will all the available fields the rule can relate to.
Step 6: under 'Membership Settings Between Each Rule in this Rule Set', you may decide the logic for this specific rule set - meaning, if you select 'and', a user meets this rule set if all the rules in the set apply to him, and if you select 'or', a user may meet this rule set if he meets even one of the rules within it.
Step 7: To view the members in your Dynamic Audience, click on the members tab at the top of the page.