Dashboards allow content to be displayed on selected user's Home page. Dashboards are able to be assigned to audiences and users can select and customise their assigned dashboards if allowed.
The default home page is initially set to the LearningZone dashboard for all logged in users on a new site. To change this, from the Administration block go to Site Administration > Appearance >dashboard.
The LearningZone dashboard is also referred to as the My Learning page and can be accessed by clicking on the Dashboard tab. It contains the Current learning block, which is a really useful way for learners to see their progress and any outstanding learning.
Create a LearningZone dashboard
- Select Site Administration > Appearance > Dashboards.
- Click Create dashboard.
- Add the following information:
Name:Description of dashboard so assigned users know the audience the dashboard is aimed at.
Locked: Assigned users will not be able to customise their dashboard when locked, unlocking shows customisation made to user's dashboard and allows further customising.
- Choose from Assigned audiences - Availability: Available to no users, Available to all logged in users, Available only to the following audiences.
- SelectAssign new audiences.
- SelectSave changes.
Manage LearningZone dashboards
- Select Site Administration > Appearance > Dashboards to view all dashboards.
- Select the Editicon to change the settings of existing dashboards.
- Select Publish/Unpublishicon to change the dashboard visibility.
- Select the arrowicon to change the order of dashboards.
When a user is assigned to more than one dashboard the dashboard that is higher up in the order is displayed.
- Select clone dashboard iconto make a copy of the dashboard including the blocks that have been added to it and any audience assignments.
- SelectReset dashboard for all users resets the selected dashboard to the original layout for all assigned users.
Customise a dashboard
Users that have been assigned to a dashboard and have the dashboard unlocked are able to customise the dashboard.
- Select Homemenu to display the dashboards assigned.
- Select the dashboard you want to customise.
- Select Customise dashboard.
- Selectthe Add a Block
- Select theBlock from the drop down list you wish to display on the dashboard.
- Drag theBlock to the position required on the page.
- Select theActions icon on the Block to display required content in the block.
- Select Stop customising dashboardwhen you have finished adding blocks.
If you need to go back to the original dashboard before customising select the Reset dashboard to default button.
There is a Dashboards block that can be used to allow users to select their dashboard if the user has more than one assigned dashboard.