Usually, you would want to automate the creation and update of data from your HR or CRM system on a regular basis. Learning Zone allows you to create and update Organizational hierarchies, Positions and User information from your systems.
This article will describe how Learning Zone sync works and what you need to prepare in order to set it up. If you need further assistance in setting HR or CRM sync, we are able to help with our Professional Services.
The article includes the following sections:
- What can you do with Learning Zone Sync?
- What files will you be sending from your HR/CRM?
- How will you transfer the files to your Learning Zone?
- When will the data be updated?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do with Learning Zone Sync?Learning Sync via CSV allows you to update all or some of the following data from your HR or CRM system:
- Organizational units, their details and their hierarchy
- Positions lists
- User basic information such as name, email, username
- Assign users to their units, positions and direct managers
- Additional user information and custom user fields
Syncing this data from your HR or CRM allows you to assign specific learning programs to groups of users, to show managers reports about their direct and indirect report, to filter information according to various data and much more.
It allows you to automate learning processes by setting rules and learning programs.
What files will you be sending from your HR/CRM?The files you should send from your systems should be in CSV format, in UTF-8 encoding.
According to you business needs you will send up to 3 files:
- Organizational hierarchy file with information about the units, their parent unit and any additional information on the unit: org.csv
- Positions hierarchy file with information about the positions list: pos.csv
- User data, including information fields, assignment to unit, position and direct manager: user.csv
How will you transfer the files to your Learning Zone?You can either upload the CSV files for sync manually through the admin interface, or set up automatic file transfer and sync.
- Learning Zone support team will provide you with secure FTP connection details that will allow you to upload the CSV files to the designated folder on your Learning Zone server
- Your IT team should set your HR or CRM system to export the files on a scheduled basis, and use an FTP program to transfer the files to Learning Zone
- Our team will help you set things up so that Learning Zone pulls the files uploaded and runs the sync on a daily or weekly basis, according to your needs
When will the data be updated?
- You can set up hierarchy, position and user sync to run on a daily or weekly basis, as you need
- As soon as the sync runs, it updates all the relevant information on your Learning Zone and then automaticcaly assigns user to groups and learning content according to the rules you set
Frequently Asked Questions
|Is my data secure?||Yes! We use password protected Secure FTP to transfer the files to your Learning Zone.
In addition, all Learning Zone sites are run with HTTPS and we use industry best practices and tools to secure your data.
Each Learning Zone site runs on a separate database and data folder and your data is only available to people from your organization.
|What happens when there are sync errors?||The sync mechanism runs a data sanity check before executing the sync.
If there are errors in specific rows of data (e.g. a user is missing a required field), then the sync script continues to process other records and logs the missing data.
Error logs can be viewed by your admin on the site, and you can set up error warnings to be sent to you and your IT team so that they can check the origin of the missing data on your HR or CRM system.
|What if I want to sync just user data?||If you do not need to use Organizational hierarchy sync or positions sync, then these can be turned off, and you will be able to sync just your user data.|
Article is closed for comments.