Dashboards allow content to be displayed on selected pages. Dashboards are able to be assigned to audiences and users can select and customize their assigned dashboards if allowed.
The default home page is initially set to the LearningZone dashboard for all logged-in users on a new site. To change this, log in as an Administration, from the top bar select the cog icon to access the admin menu and select Dashboards
Creating a dashboard
- Select Dashboards from the admin menu (cog).
- Click Create dashboard.
- Add the following information:
Name: Description of the dashboard so assigned users know the audience the dashboard is aimed at.
Locked: Assigned users will not be able to customize their dashboard when locked, unlocking shows customization made to the user's dashboard and allows further customizing.
- Choose from Assigned audiences - Availability: Available to no users, Available to all logged-in users, Available only to the following audiences.
- SelectAssign new audiences.
- Select Save changes.
- Select Dashboards from the admin menu to view all dashboards.
- Select the Edit icon to change the settings of existing dashboards.
- Select Publish/Unpublishicon to change the dashboard visibility.
- Select the arrow icon to change the order of dashboards.
When a user is assigned to more than one dashboard the dashboard that is higher up in the order is displayed.
- Select clone dashboard icon to make a copy of the dashboard including the blocks that have been added to it and any audience assignments.
- Select Reset dashboard for all users resets the selected dashboard to the original layout for all assigned users.
Customize a dashboard
Users that have been assigned to a dashboard and have the dashboard unlocked are able to customize the dashboard.
- Select Home menu to display the dashboards assigned.
- Select the dashboard you want to customize.
- Select Customise dashboard.
- Select the Add a Block
- Select the block from the drop-down list you wish to display on the dashboard.
- Drag the block to the position required on the page.
- Select the actions icon on the Block to display required content in the block.
- Select Stop customizing dashboard when you have finished adding blocks.
If you need to go back to the original dashboard before customizing select the Reset dashboard to default button.
There is a Dashboards block that can be used to allow users to select their dashboard if the user has more than one assigned dashboard.
Article is closed for comments.