Who hasn't needed to produce a report to his manager in the past? Luckily, LearningZone makes that task a tiny bit easier with its report builder . Not sure what that means? Read on and find out!
So What's the Report Builder ?
The report builder is a tool used by the system administrator to build different data reports to be presented to a wide set of users. We can control what data is presented in the report, in what way it's presented, the filtering options viewers will have inside the report, and what permissions users will need to view different reports. For users with the right permissions, reports will be displayed under the tab 'My Reports' in the system, and they'll be able to filter and search through the report and save those filters, export the report to Excel, as well as set a scheduled report to be sent every day/week/month.
In this article - we'll touch upon the basics of setting a report for direct managers, and how to reports relevant to their teams.
For more articles about the report builder visit our Knowledge base.
Report Settings -
Limiting Access to System Managers (users who manage other users)
Step 1: After building the report or afterwards in 'Edit' mode, go into the 'Access' tab
Step 2: Next to 'Restrict Access', select 'Only Certain Users Can View This Report'
Step 3: Next to 'Context' select 'User May Have Role in any Context'
Step 4: Select the box next to 'Site Manager'. This role is given automatically in the system to anyone who has other users directly reporting to him in the hierarchies that have been imported from your Hr system.
Step 5: Click 'Save Changes'
Limiting Content Shown to a User's Organization
Step 1: Click on the 'Content' tab in the editing report mode
Step 2: Next to 'Report Content', select 'Show Records Matching All of the Checked Criteria Below"
Step 3: Under 'Show by User', select 'Records for User's Direct Reports'. If you would like the manager to see his own data, select both relevant boxes.
Step 4: Select 'Save Changes'
Some Tips and Suggestions:
1. Give the report a name that will have meaning in the eyes of the managers getting it - for example, "My Team's Program Completion Status".
2. Remember that if you try to view this report as the system manager, you may not have access to all its data if you too have employees reporting directly to you. In order to check the report's full data, you may log in as a different user that can view it.
3. You may also need to add additional restrictions when it comes to your reports' content such as: future logs only of all future class activities in a report where you would like to showcase to the manager an employees' future events.
4. Some useful reports for direct managers can be:
- "My Team's Course Completion" (source: courses)
- "My Team's Program Completion" (source: programs)
- "My Team's Face-to-Face Completion" (source: face-to-face activity)
- "My Team's Competencies" (source: competencies)