Learning Events, Rooms & Assets
Learning Zone allows you to manage training events such as classroom-based training, on-site workshops, and even online webinars - everything that is instructor-led.
Often, you may want to manage and allocate training rooms and other assets to these events. Learning Zone allows you to add rooms and assets, and and manage their allocation so that:
- Users can get information about the training locations, and even view room location maps
- Trainers can assign available rooms and assets to planned events
- Admins can view allocation and utilization reports for the rooms and assets
Note that if you have training events with multiple sessions and dates, you can allocate different rooms and assets for each session, as required.
In order to make rooms and assets available to training events, site admins need to first add them. To add a room please carry out the following steps:
- Click Site Administration > Seminars > Rooms. This will bring up the Manage rooms screen where you can see and edit any existing rooms, as well as add new rooms.
- Click the "Add a new room" button. On the next screen you'll need to add a room name, the maximum bookings (room capacity), and if this room allow booking conflicts (that is - can the room be assigned to several events at the same time). You can also add location information, such as the Building name, the address, and if and how the map will be displayed.
Adding Assets is similar to adding rooms. To do so, carry out the following steps:
- Click Site Administration > Seminars > Assets. This will bring up the Manage assets screen where you can see and edit any existing assets, as well as add new ones.
- Click the "Add a new asset" button. On the next screen you'll need to add a asset name, its description, and if this asset allow booking conflicts (that is - can the asset be assigned to several events at the same time).
Using Custom Room and Asset fields
You may need to add custom fields to rooms and assets. For example, you can use this ability in order to mark whether a rooms has web-conferencing capabilities, or if an certain asset has a usage cost charge associated with it.
Learning Zone allows site admins to add and manage as many custom fields as you need for your rooms and assets. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Site Administration > Seminars > Custom Fields
- Next, click either the "Asset" or "Room" tab. Then choose the type of field you wish to add, and add the name of the field and its properties as they appear on the screen
Viewing Room and Asset reports and Availability
You can use the Manage Rooms and Manage Assets screen to find out the availability of rooms and assets:
- Use the search section to find available rooms/assets
- Click the Calendar icon next to a room or asset to see a detailed utilization and availability report
Article is closed for comments.