Upload course completions
This will import historical completion records from a CSV file and enrol users into the specified courses.
All completions imported that relate to courses that currently exist on the system will be added as Record of Prior Learning (RPL Completions). This will be indicated in reports which include these imported completions.
Any courses that do not exist in the current system will be created as evidence.
When uploading a course completion record for a pre-existing course and where a user is not already enrolled, the system will create a manual enrolment for this user in to the course.
Upload completion records
- To access the upload area, go to the Settings block and click on Site administration > Courses > Upload Completion Records > Upload Completion Records.
- The CSV import file is created outside of LearningZone and imported. The date format, delimiter and encoding type will be selected before importing. The CSV file should contain the following columns in the first line of the file:
- username:The username from the learner’s profile.
- courseshortname:The course short name found on the Course settings page.
- courseidnumber:The course id number found on the Course settings page.
- completiondate:The date the learner completed the course. The date format can be specified in the upload settings.
- grade:The grade the learner received in the course.
- You can drag and drop the file onto the page or click the Choose a file button to select the CSV file.
- Default evidence type:Any courses or certificates which can't be found will be added as evidence in the record of learning. Please choose the default evidence type you wish to use.
- CSV Date format:Select the format dates will use.
- CSV Values separated by:Select the delimiter used in the file. Comma, semi-colon, colon or tabs can be used.
- CSV Text Delimited with:Select the delimiter used for text values. Single quote, double quote or no delimiter can be used.
- CSV file encoding:Select the type of encoding used for the file.
- Override current course completions: Check this if you want the uploaded course completions to replace the existing course completion records.
- Case insensitive shortnames: When enabled, course short names will be matched case insensitively.
We strongly advise any case issues be corrected in the uploaded file as this will cause performance issues.
- Click the Upload
A sample of the file is shown below.
Using a directory on the server
If you'd like users to be able import completion data form a file already uploaded to the server. They can follow the link Alternatively upload CSV files via a directory on the server at the bottom of the Upload Completion Records page. The user will need to know the full path to the file to be imported. Be aware that this file will be deleted after import.
In order to use this functionality, you will need to add a value for $CFG->completionimportdir to the config.php file. This should be set to the beginning of the path to the uploaded files. The path that the user enters in the form must begin with this value. Be aware that the user would also be able to enter the path to any file that begins with the value given in the config setting and that file would subsequently be deleted.
Reset report data
From time to time it may be useful to clean up the course and certification upload logs, especially if you are having problems with uploading new records. You can clean up your records by going to Site administration > Courses > Upload Completion Records > Reset Report data from the Administration block. Use the check boxes to select Reset course report data and/or Reset certification report data.
You can also set up a scheduled task for clearing out the course/certification report data from the Administration block by going to Site Admin > Server > Scheduled tasks.
Article is closed for comments.