After we teach our employees anything - whether it be a saftey certification, an important sales strategy, or anything else that comes to mind - we'd like to make sure it sticks. That's exactly what quizes are for! Learn how to set then up and manage them below:
What's in a Quiz?
When creating a quiz, we have the option of creating a catalog of questions, arranged by topics, to use in the quizzes. Creating a quiz in LearningZone saves the time of checking quizzes by hand, and give users immediate grades and further instructions, as well as an option to return to the quiz and check their progress over time.
Questions in a quiz aren't limited to text only; you can seamlessly integrate media such as photos,videos, and links to outside sources to further enrich your questions, and thus your quiz.
Creating a Quiz
Step 1: Enter the relevant course (if you have not yet made the course, check out our Knowledgebase for some instructions on the topic), then click 'Turn On Editing'.
Step 2: Inside your course, click 'Add New Activity or Resource'
Step 3: Inside the menu that opens, select 'Quiz'.
Step 4: Set up your quiz with some of the following settings:
- Name - Select the name of your quiz, and whether it will be displayed on the course page by checking the box.
- Description - Write a short description for your quiz so that users will know what's it about.
- Timing - here, you can choose the time frame when the quiz will be available to users, and how much time will be allotted to each question. If these fields won't be marked, the quiz will be available indefinitely.
- Activity Completion - here, you can decide whether there will be tracking of the quize's completion, and what its completion requirements are.
Step 5: To save and move on to editing the quiz questions, click 'Save and Display'.
Creating New Quiz Questions
The question bank allows other users to reuse questions that are already built in the system instead of building their own from scratch.
Below is an example of the editing mode in an empty quiz.
Step 1: To add a new question, click on the 'add' menu and select from the menu that opens to add a regular question, a random question, or a question from an existing question bank.
Remember - if you choose to add a new regular question, this question will be available to this quiz only and will appear in all versions.
If you choose to create a question bank - you will be able to select the questions in that bank and use them in any test in the system (according to the bank context that you will choose), and decide whether a certain number of random question from this bank will always display in any or all quizzes.
For example, if you have created a question bank with 10 questions and decide that in each quiz that you create five question will appear, five different questions from the 10 will appear every time.
Step 2: To preview your questions, click on the icon.
Step 3: After adding all the questions you want, you can edit the individual question scores (next to the questions), and the overall summation of the score by entering a maximum overall grade.
Step 4: When clicking 'Add a New Question' - you can select the type of question you'd like to create. Some of the types of questions available are: yes/no questions, multiple choice questions, matching questions and more.
To change the order of the questions displayed, click the icon.
Step 5: To save your work, remember to click 'Save'.
Some Helpful Tips:
- We suggest using a variety of questions inside your quiz, in order to test the required knowldege in several different formats.
- Remember that if you would like the quiz to be one of the requirements of the course's completion, when creating the quiz, under 'Activity Completion', select 'Require Grade' and 'Require Passing Grade'.